Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 12 to 14 Minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Chop up 1 avocado and place in a food processor; process until slightly chunky.
2. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, relish, horseradish, cilantro, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and process until smooth.
3. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until slightly crispy.
5. Remove from skillet to a paper-towel-lined plate; set aside. Return skillet with bacon drippings to stove over medium heat and add fillets; season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes. Flip, season to taste with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from heat and cut fillets in half.
6. Cut remaining avocado into slices. Toast bread slices if desired.
7. To assemble, top 4 of the bread slices with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, onion slice and half of a fillet.
8. Spread 1/8 avocado mixture over top of fillet and top with another bread slice. Then add another lettuce leaf, tomato slice, onion slice, 2 avocado slices, other half of fillet and 3 slices of bacon.
9. Spread 1/8 avocado mixture on another bread slice and place on top of bacon. Repeat to make 3 more sandwiches. Serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 845 (Calories from Fat: 279)
Total Fat: 31g (Saturated Fat: 7g)
Total Carbohydrates: 77g (Dietary Fiber: 11g