Instead of serving store-bought freezer pops, which are often loaded with added sugars and artificial colors, make your own patriotic frozen treats with these Firecracker Freezer Pops. They use only four simple ingredients and take minutes to whip up.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce under cold running water and pat dry prior to prepping.
3. In a blender or food processor, puree strawberries with 1 tablespoon sugar. Transfer to a small bowl.
4. Rinse out blender or processor then puree blueberries with 1 tablespoon sugar.
5. In another small bowl, whisk together yogurt and 2 tablespoons sugar.
6. Pour mixtures, alternating, into ten 3-ounce ice-pop molds, making 3 to 5 layers in each.
7. With a thin-bladed knife, swirl mixtures together in an up-and-down motion.
8. Insert ice-pop sticks and freeze until solid, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 15 mg
Carbohydrates 11 g
Fiber 1 g
Protein 3 g