Festive Gingersnap Cookies
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 12 Minutes
November/December 2022 Dig In Recipe
Get inspired and watch us prepare this delicious recipe.
A spiced holiday cookie with decorative, sweet icing.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; set aside. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
4. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat together 3/4 cup shortening and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Reduce speed to medium-low and beat in egg and molasses. Gradually add flour mixture, a little at a time, and beat until well combined.
6. Shape level tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; place on prepared baking sheets. Wash hands after handling raw egg and flour.
7. Sprinkle tops with remaining sugar and bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned and crinkly; remove to wire racks to cool.
8. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate and remaining shortening. Microwave at 50% power in 30-second increments until melted. Mix until completely combined.
9. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate, letting excess drip back into bowl. Set on wax paper and allow chocolate to harden.
10. Melt green and red candy melts, separately, according to package directions. Use to decorate holly leaves and berries; let sit at room temperature to harden.
11. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 168, Total Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 9mg, Sodium: 137mg, Total Carbohydrates: 17g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 11g, Protein: 2g