Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 13 Minutes
November/December 2020 Dig In Magazine...
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat together ¾ cup shortening and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium-low and beat in egg and molasses. Gradually add flour mixture, a little at a time, and beat until well combined.
4. Shape level tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; place on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with remaining sugar and bake for 13 minutes or until lightly browned and crinkly; remove to wire racks to cool.
5. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate and remaining shortening. Microwave at 50% power in 30-second increments until melted. Dip each cookie halfway in the chocolate, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl; set on wax paper and allow chocolate to harden.
6. Melt green and red candy melts, separately, according to package directions. Use to decorate holly leaves and berries; let sit at room temperature to harden.
7. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 168 (Calories from Fat: 110)
Total Fat: 10g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
Total Carbohydrates: 17g (Dietary Fiber: 0g