Recipe featured on 7/28/16 Western Mass News segment with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN.
Watch the recipe video here.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Rinse farro well in a fine mesh sieve before using. In a large saucepan, combine farro, vegetable broth, water, garlic powder and paprika.
4. Bring to a boil over high heat then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes then drain.
5. Return farro to saucepan and drizzle with olive oil. Cook on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove pan from heat and add balsamic, cucumbers, tomatoes and Parmesan. If desired, drizzle with additional olive oil.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!