Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 34 Minutes
January/February 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Generously coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
5. Slice each eggplant lengthwise into 12, 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on baking sheet. Lightly season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Bake for 14 minutes or until begins to turn deep brown on top; remove from oven and place slices on plate to cool.
6. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; add 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce and top with chopped basil leaves. Add a layer of eggplant slices and top with cheese slices. Add another 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce, handful of basil leaves and remaining eggplant slices; top with remaining 1/2 cup pasta sauce and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the cheese melts and the tops turn light brown. Serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 410
Total Fat: 24g (Saturated Fat: 11g)
Total Carbohydrates: 30g (Dietary Fiber: 11g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more