- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Slice each eggplant lengthwise into 1- to 1 1/2-inch-thick slices for a total of 12 slices. Place on baking sheet.
- Lightly season both sides of eggplant slices with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Bake for 14 minutes or until begins to turn deep brown on top. Remove from oven and place slices on plate to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; add 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce and top with a handful of basil leaves. Add a layer of eggplant slices and top with cheese slices.
- Repeat with another 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce, handful of basil leaves and remaining eggplant slices. Top with remaining 1/2 cup pasta sauce and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until the cheese melts and the tops turn light brown, about 20 minutes.
- Let rest for 3 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 410, Total Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium: 730mg, Carbohydrates: 30g, Fiber: 11g, Sugars: 13g, Protein: 19g