Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 3 Minutes
August 2022 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a small bowl, crack open egg without breaking yolk; season with salt and pepper; set aside. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw egg.
3. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter (e.g.: circle, heart, star or flower), cut a shape out of the center of bread slice.
4. In a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add bread slice, and lightly toast for 1 to 2 minutes; flip bread and reduce heat to medium-low.
5. Carefully pour egg into cut-out hole in bread. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until both yolk and white of egg are firm in the bread "nest."
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 242 mg
Sodium 312 mg
Carbohydrates 24 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 10 g