- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a large bowl, mash tofu. Add bean sprouts, scallions, mushrooms, bell pepper, carrots, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oil, egg, salt and pepper; mix thoroughly. Wash hands after handling raw egg.
- Using a pastry brush and cool water, moisten edges of wonton wrapper. Place a heaping teaspoonful of tofu mixture into center of wrapper.
- Bring all four sides of wrapper together above filling, twist and pinch together to seal. Place on a baking sheet and cover with a damp cloth. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers.
- Add about 1 1/2 inches water to a large pot and place over medium heat.
- Coat a steamer basket’s surface lightly with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Place dumplings directly into steamer basket and cover. Place basket over pot and steam dumplings for 10 minutes or until they turn translucent.
- Serve with your favorite Asian dipping sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 100, Total Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 380mg, Carbohydrates: 17g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 2g, Protein: 5g