Devilishly Good Deviled Eggs
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Place 12 Big Y large white eggs in a single layer in the bottom of a large saucepan. Add cool water until they’re completely covered by an inch or two.
2. Over medium heat, slowly bring the pot to a boil. Once the water is boiling, cover and remove from heat. Let it sit for 12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, gently transfer eggs to a colander.
3. Run cool water over them to stop them from cooking. Let them sit until cool enough to handle, then peel.
4. Cut eggs in half vertically. Take out yolks and place them into a medium bowl.
5. Add 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, 1 tablespoon minced shallots, 1 tablespoon minced parsley, 3 tablespoons minced Big Y sweet pickles, 1 teaspoon Big Y sugar, 3 tablespoons Big Y light mayonnaise, 1/2 cup Big Y lowfat plain Greek yogurt and season to taste with Big Y salt and ground black pepper.
6. Put egg yolk mixture in a pastry bag with a star tip or a large resealable plastic bag with a corner snipped off and pipe mixture, in heaping amounts, into egg white halves. Garnish with Big Y paprika and additional minced parsley.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 52 (Calories from Fat: 27)
Total Fat: 3g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 1g (Dietary Fiber: 0g