Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 23 Minutes
January 2023 Big Y Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- Coat a large soup pot with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add garlic, celery and leeks and saute until celery and leeks begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cook until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. Remove 3 cups of the potato mixture and set aside.
- Using an immersion blender, carefully puree remaining mixture until smooth.
- Add reserved potatoes, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper and simmer until cheese is melted and heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with bacon bits, shredded cheese and croutons, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 230, Total Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 140mg, Carbohydrates: 46g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 2g, Protein: 11g