Recipe from Ayurveda Cooking - Teas & Tonics. Recipe featured in "Food in :60" Segment here with Big Y dietitians Carrie Taylor and Andrea Luttrell.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Put the almonds in a bowl and cover with water. Soak for 8 hours.
3. Drain and rinse the soaked almonds.
4. Put all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until the almonds and dates are liquefied, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Remove pan from heat and pour tonic into mugs. Serve warm.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!