Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe and image provided by The Humane Society of the United States Forward Food Program. Learn more here.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Chop potatoes and carrots and boil until tender; about 20 minutes.
4. Reserve 1 quart of potato water before draining potatoes and carrots.
5. Put all ingredients in large food processor or blender. Be sure to process until cheez is very smooth and looks like nacho cheese sauce; this may take a few minutes. If mixture looks grainy, keep processing.
6. If cheez is too thick, add reserved potato liquid a little at a time until nacho cheese consistency is reached.
7. Serve with nacho chips, over potatoes or other vegetables, or make mac and cheez.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 369 mg
Carbohydrates 22 g
Protein 5 g