1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, herbs and garlic; set aside.
4. Heat a grill pan over medium-low heat. Add a few slices of bread and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 minutes or until both sides have nice grill marks; set aside to cool.
5. Thinly slice the cucumber, lengthwise, using a mandolin, vegetable peeler or sharp knife.
6. Spread cream cheese mixture over each bread slice. Top with a slice of cucumber and season to taste with pepper. Garnish with additional basil leaves if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving (2 slices):
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Total Carbohydrates: 40g
Dietary Fiber: 2g