Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 8 Minutes
January/February 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water.
3. Season haddock with salt and pepper.
4. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw haddock.
5. Mix panko and 2 tablespoons each dill, parsley and chives in a shallow bowl or food storage container.
6. Place flour and egg mixture in their own, individual, shallow bowls or food storage containers. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw flour and eggs.
7. Working with one haddock portion at a time, coat each side in flour, then egg, then breading.
8. Place coated portions on a plate until ready to cook. Wash hands with soap and water after handling.
9. Heat a large sauté pan to medium-high heat with ¼ cup canola oil.
10. Once oil is hot, carefully add breaded haddock portions. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw haddock filets.
11. Cook about 4 minutes per side until golden brown. Fish is ready when it flakes easily and reaches and internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit on food thermometer.
12. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
13. Prepare tartar sauce by whisking mayonnaise, mustard, remaining dill, parsley, chives, lemon, gherkins and capers together in a large bowl.
14. Serve two haddock portions with baked fries, tartar sauce and a wedge of lemon.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving (without tartar sauce) Calories: 478
Total Fat: 18g (Saturated Fat: 2g)
Total Carbohydrates: 31g (Fiber: 1g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more