Also check out the "NotFrench" Fries recipe which compliments this dish
To watch Chef Andrew prepare this dish, go to: https://youtu.be/xg9r0tUQTV0
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Season haddock with salt and pepper.
2. For breading, mix Panko, parsley, chives and dill together in a shallow bowl or container. Separately place flour and egg mixture in two more shallow bowls or containers.
3. Working with one haddock fillet at a time, coat each side in flour, then egg, then breading. Place coated portions on a plate until ready to cook.
4. Heat a large sauté pan to medium-high heat with ¼ cup canola oil.
5. Once oil is hot, carefully add breaded haddock portions.
6. Cook about 4 minutes per side until golden brown. Fish is ready when it flakes easily and reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read thermometer.
7. Remove from pan and keep warm.
8. Prepare Tarter Sauce by whisking all ingredients together in a large bowl.
9. To serve, spoon a generous portion of Tarter Sauce on plate, then top with two haddock portions, baked fries and a wedge of lemon.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!