1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Season haddock with salt and pepper.
4. For breading, mix panko with 2 tablespoons each parsley, chives and dill together in a shallow bowl or container. Separately place flour and egg mixture in two more shallow bowls or containers.
5. Working with one haddock fillet at a time, coat each side in flour, then egg, then breading. Place coated portions on a plate until ready to cook. Wash hands after handling raw fish, egg and flour.
6. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat add 1/4 cup canola oil. Once oil is hot, carefully add breaded haddock portions.
7. Cook about 4 minutes per side until golden brown. Fish is ready when internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read thermometer and it flakes easily. Remove from pan and keep warm.
8. Prepare tartar sauce by whisking remaining 1 tablespoon each of parsley, chives and dill with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
9. To serve, spoon a generous portion of tartar sauce on plate, then top with two haddock portions. Pair great with baked fries!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!