The summer season is all about vacation with family and friends! Whether you gather at someone’s home or head for the shore, having meals that can feed a crowd is must. Using pasta as the base makes this dish filling and the beautifully cooked salmon makes it a delicious centerpiece.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; drain, set aside and keep warm.
2. Spray grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
3. Add salmon fillets and grill, for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or, until fish flakes easily. Chop and set aside. In a small bowl, combine milk, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, dill and salt and pepper to taste;,set aside.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add shallots and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes or until tender. Whisk in flour until well blended. Gradually whisk in milk mixture and bring to a gentle boil, cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. If sauce seems too thick, gradually add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired thickness is reached. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
5. Add salmon and gently toss to mix well.
6. Serve immediately over pasta and garnished with chives. If you would like a smaller batch, just half the amount of all the ingredients for 6 (1½-cup) servings.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories: 500 (Calories from Fat: 135)
Total Fat: 15g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 63g (Dietary Fiber: 3g
Cholesterol: 56 mg