Create family-favorite recipes with ease and convenience by stocking your cupboards with must-haves like canned Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin. Get recipes and tips for building your “cantry” from Cans Get You Cooking. Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #67 (9/22 to November 16th, 2016).
Recipe and image from Nestle. For more delicious autumn harvest inspirations, visit verybestbaking.com or watch the recipe video here.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Melt buttery spread in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes or until tender.
4. Add garlic, sage leaves and rosemary sprig; cook, stirring frequently, for about 30 seconds or until garlic is fragrant.
5. Stir in wine; cook for 2 minutes or until reduced slightly.
6. Stir in broth; cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes to infuse herb flavors. With tongs, remove and discard sage and rosemary.
7. Stir pumpkin and evaporated milk into saucepan; heat through but do not boil.
8. Stir in cheeses until melted. Remove from heat. Season with pepper.
9. Serve with your favorite cooked whole grain pasta.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 131 mg
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fiber 1 g
Protein 4 g