1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small casserole dish, mix garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes or until garlic is golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
5. While the pasta is cooking, bring 1 quart of water to a boil and cook broccoli florets for 2 minutes. Drain and toss with lemon zest, set aside.
6. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk well until combined. Slowly whisk in milk and continue to cook, while stirring, until mixture begins to thicken.
7. Whisk in nutmeg and Parmigiano Reggiano and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm over low heat.
8. In a large skillet or saute pan, add roasted garlic with olive oil, onion and celery. Saute over medium-high heat until vegetables begin to soften. Add wine and reduce until liquid is almost evaporated.
9. Add broccoli florets and shredded chicken (if using) and saute about 5 minutes more. Add cream sauce and cooked pasta, tossing until well combined. Top with additional cheese and serve with bread if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!