Creamy Herb Dip with Sesame Crackers
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, cream cheese, herbs, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the water and oil; stir to combine and until dough comes together.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead a couple of times. Split dough into three and wrap each in plastic wrap. Let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
5. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a work surface; sprinkle lightly with flour. Using one dough ball at a time, roll out into a 1/8-inch-thick rectangular shape, adding more flour as needed to prevent the dough from sticking.
6. With a sharp knife, cut dough into thick strips; place on prepared baking sheets and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, for 15 to 20 minutes or until crackers are golden brown, watching carefully so they do not burn. Remove from oven and let cool. Dip can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days and crackers can be stored in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 week.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving (4 crackers
2 Tbsp. dip): Calories: 138 (Calories from Fat: 72)
Total Fat: 8g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 13g (Dietary Fiber: 0g