Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 39-44 Minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, toss together squash, carrot and oil, season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Place on a large baking sheet and roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until softened. Remove from oven and let cool. Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add chili peppers, shallots, garlic and lemongrass and cook for 5 minutes or until mixture becomes very aromatic. Add vegetable broth and coconut milk and cook for 4 minutes, remove from heat and let cool.
4. In a blender or food processor, add cooked squash and carrot mixture, vegetable broth mixture and cinnamon and process until smooth.
5. Pour mixture back into a large saucepan and heat until warmed through. Serve warm, garnished with Greek yogurt, pepitas and parsley if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 95 (Calories from Fat: 36)
Total Fat: 4g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 14g
(Dietary Fiber: 2g