Cranberry Cake Rolls
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash hands with soap and water.
3. Spray 2 (15x10x1-inch) baking pans with baking spray. Line with parchment paper; spray with additional baking spray. Set aside.
4. Sprinkle 2 clean kitchen towels with 1/4 cup each confectioners’ sugar; set aside.
5. Beat cake mix, eggs and water in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds or until well blended. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour evenly into prepared pans. Wash hands with soap and water, again.
6. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Run knife or small spatula around rims of pans to loosen cakes. Immediately invert each cake onto a prepared towel; remove pan. Carefully peel off paper. Starting at one of the short sides, roll up each cake and towel to form 2 separate rolls. Cool completely on wire racks. Meanwhile, combine cranberries and granulated sugar in medium saucepan; cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until juice of cranberries is released and sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Stir in pecans. Cool completely.
7. Wash hands with soap and water.
8. Unroll cakes. Spread 1/2 cup marmalade evenly over each cake to within 1 inch of edges; top evenly with cranberry mixture.
9. Re-roll cakes, using towels as guide. Trim ends of each cake.
10. Cut each cake into 10 slices. Top each slice with a serving of Reddi-wip. Serve immediately.
Make-Ahead: Cake and filling may be prepared separately 1 day in advance. Wrap rolled cake tightly in plastic wrap; store at room temperature. After filling has cooled, cover and refrigerate. Up to 2 hours before serving, remove filling from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature 1 hour before spreading over cakes. Cake rolls may be assembled 1 hour before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!