Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #79 (September 20th to November 14th, 2018).
Recipe and image from Cape Cod Select®. Visit their website for more cranberry-inspired recipes.
*Recipe Note - Toast nuts for extra flavor! Over medium-low heat without any added oil or non-stick spray, add nuts to a frying pan. Stir frequently until fragrant and gold in color (about 1 to 2 minutes). Immediately remove from pan to cool.
Tart, salty and slightly sweet notes that complement the earthy taste and tender texture of Brussels sprouts.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Heat Brussels sprouts, cranberries and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender.
5. Add vinegar and maple syrup, stirring to coat. Remove from heat.
6. Toss Brussels sprouts and cranberry mix with pecans in a large bowl.
7. Top with gorgonzola and serve dressing. Garnish with cheese.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 150 mg
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fiber 6 g
Protein 7 g