Cranberry Almond Bread
Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter #64 (dated 3/24/16-5/18/16).
Recipe courtesy of Cranberry Marketing Committee. Visit uscranberries.com for more cranberry-inspired recipes.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, combine egg, milk, avocado and almond extract. Wash hands after handling raw egg.
6. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir together just until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently stir in cranberries.
7. Spread batter in loaf pan and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and almonds.
8. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Total Fat 2.5 g
Saturated Fat < 1 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 213 mg
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fiber 3 g
Protein 3 g