Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 32 Minutes
June July 2020 Dig In Magazine
Sweet muffins with great texture.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
5. In a medium bowl, combine butter, eggs and buttermilk. Add to dry ingredients and mix until well combined; fold in creamed corn. Wash hands after handing raw eggs.
6. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, level with the top.
7. Bake for 32 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Remove from tin and let cool completely on wire racks.
8. Serve or store in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 199 (Calories from Fat: 81)
Total Fat: 9g (Saturated Fat: 5g)
Total Carbohydrates: 26g (Dietary Fiber: 1g