Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 6 to 7 Minutes
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a shaker jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, basil, thyme, tarragon, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Add oil, cover and shake to combine. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
4. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add ears of corn and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pot and let cool. Once cool, cut kernels off the cob with a knife and place in a large bowl.
5. Return pot to stove, add a generous amount of salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the beans and cook for 3 minutes or until crisp tender, drain and let cool. Once cool, add to bowl with corn.
6. Add onion, tomatoes, parsley and half of the vinegar mixture and toss to coat. Serve with remaining vinegar mixture on the side, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories: 101 (Calories from Fat: 45)
Total Fat: 5g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 14g (Dietary Fiber: 3g