- Dig In & Recipes
- Health & Wellness
Serving: Serves 2
Get inspired and watch Chef Andrew from North Coast Seafoods prepare this delicious recipe.
Seafood Supper Club Recipe
Flaky-whitefish in a rich wine sauce with tender beans and simmered tomatoes.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Use a cold butter stick (about one teaspoon) to coat the bottom of an oven-safe low pan that has a lid.
5. Sprinkle the chopped shallots into the pan, then add cod pieces atop shallots. Wash hands after handling raw fish.
6. Season with salt and pepper and add wine, diced tomato and zucchini.
7. Turn stovetop heat on high and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, cover and place entire pan into oven, and bake until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant-read thermometer and flakes easily, about 12 to 14 minutes.
8. Carefully remove fish to a dinner plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
9. Place pan back onto the burner and bring remaining liquid to a boil. Turn down to a high simmer and reduce the liquid until it is a syrupy consistency. Add any juices that have accumulated on the dinner plate holding your fish to the pan. Add the beans and stir.
10. Cut butter into slices and add into simmering pan sauce. Once melted, add fresh basil and mix into sauce. Do not boil.
11. Remove pan from heat. Dress your fish portions with the sauce. Pairs great with rice pilaf and your choice of vegetables. Enjoy!
Chef Andrew's Tips:
-- Steps 2-5 can be done ahead of time and left in your refrigerator until ready to cook.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!