Chef Andrew uses a shallow poaching technique.
To watch Chef Andrew prepare this dish, go to: https://youtu.be/G0RUX8E3uvk
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. (Chef’s Note: Steps 2-5 can be done ahead of time and left in your refrigerator until ready to cook.)
2. Wash hands with soap and water. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water and pat dry.
3. Use a cold butter stick (about one teaspoon) to coat the bottom of an oven-safe low pan that has a lid.
4. Sprinkle the chopped shallots into the pan.
5. Add Cod pieces atop shallots. Wash hands again after handling raw fish.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add wine, diced tomato and zucchini.
8. Turn stovetop heat on high and bring to a simmer.
9. Once simmering, cover and place entire pan into oven, and bake for 12-14 minutes or until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant-read thermometer and flakes easily.
10. Carefully remove fish to a dinner plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
11. Place pan back onto the burner and bring remaining liquid to a boil. Turn down to a high simmer and reduce the liquid until it is a syrupy consistency.
12. Add any juices that have accumulated on the dinner plate holding your fish.
13. Add the beans and stir.
14. Cut butter into slices and add into simmering pan sauce. Once melted, add fresh basil and mix into sauce. Do not boil.
15. Remove pan from heat. Dress your fish portions with the sauce.
16. Serve with Rice Pilaf and your choice of vegetables. Enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more