Fruit preserves make for delicious additions to holiday favorites like sponge cake, soufflé and almond cookies. Enjoy this recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #74 (November 16th to January 10th, 2018).
Recipe and image provided by Bonne Maman. For more holiday baking inspirations, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Sift flour into a large bowl.
4. Break eggs into a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water, add sugar and whisk until mixture has doubled in volume. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
5. Remove from heat and continue whisking until mixture has cooled to almost room temperature.
6. Gently fold in flour and pour mixture into a 13x10-inch rectangular baking tin lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 25 minutes and cool on wire rack.
8. Cut cake into 2x2-inch cubes. Cover each cube with a thin layer of preserves and roll in coconut.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 302 mg
Carbohydrates 7 g
Fiber 1 g
Protein 30 g