Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 22 Minutes
Get inspired and watch us prepare this delicious recipe.
April 2023 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place oven racks in center of oven and preheat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and set aside.
- In a medium bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Fold into the coconut mixture.
- Form heaping tablespoons of mixture into mounds on prepared baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until tops and edges are golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate at 50% power for 45 seconds. Stir until melted.
- Spoon melted chocolate into a resealable plastic bag and snip off a small corner. Drizzle over tops of macaroons. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
- Store macaroons in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 106, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 69mg, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: < 1g, Sugars: 10.5g, Protein: 1g