Recipe featured on Western Mass News on 5/19/16 with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN.
Recipe and image courtesy of the Mushroom Council. Visit their website for more recipe inspirations using The Blend.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Finely dice mushrooms or gently pulse in food processor.
4. In skillet, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
5. Transfer cooled mushrooms to medium bowl. Add ground beef and salt, mixing until combined.
6. Make 4 patties with mixture. Wash hands after handling raw ground beef.
7. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to pan and cook burger patties on medium-high heat until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer.
8. Plate and add desired toppings to bun.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!