Classic Baked Beans
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, add bacon. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw pork. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender but not crispy; remove from pan and drain all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
5. Return Dutch oven to stove and place over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Add beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, liquid smoke and cooked bacon. Mix well and bring to a low simmer; season with salt and pepper.
6. Cover, place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Served garnished with parsley.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 41g
Dietary Fiber: 10g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more