Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Marinate 30 Minutes, Grill 6 to 8 Minutes
Big Y Dig In -The Big Y Magazine June/July 2018
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Soak skewers in water for 1 hour to prevent them from burning when on the grill.
4. In a small bowl, combine lime juice and zest, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste; slowly whisk in olive oil.
5. Place salmon strips in a shallow dish and pour marinade over top; flip to coat in marinade. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw fish.
6. Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
7. Remove salmon strips from marinade; discard used marinade. Thread strips onto skewers, place skin side down and grill internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from grill and let sit for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 340 (Calories from Fat: 189)
Total Fat: 21g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates:2g (Dietary Fiber: 0g