Prep Time: 1 to 2 Hours
Cooking Time: 0
November/December 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Bake cake as directed on box, using a 9x13-inch cake pan; let cool completely.
- Once cake is cooled, crumble it into a large mixing bowl, making sure to crumble any large pieces, otherwise the cake balls may turn out lumpy.
- Add frosting and mix until thoroughly combined. The mixture should be moist enough to roll into 1-inch balls. Shape balls into cones and place them on a wax paper-covered baking sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours in the refrigerator, or place in the freezer for 15 minutes. You want them to be firm but not frozen.
- Place baking chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt following the instructions on the package; let cool slightly. Add a few drops of food coloring and mix well.
- Dip tip of a lollipop stick in a little of the melted chocolate and insert about halfway into a cake ball. Holding the stick, dip the entire tree in green chocolate, twisting the stick as you come up. While still wet, you can use a toothpick to create the branches and gently press mini candies around the sides and a star on top.
- Carefully insert lollipop stick into a foam block and let harden. Store in refrigerator.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 180, Total Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 11mg, Sodium: 94mg, Total Carbohydrates: 24g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 18g, Protein: 2g