1. Wash hands with soap and running water.
2. In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat sugar and butter 2 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl occasionally.
3. Add egg, zest, vanilla extract, salt and chipotle powder; beat 1 minute or until incorporated. With mixer on low speed, add flour; beat 1 minute or until incorporated, scraping down bowl occasionally.
4. On lightly floured work surface, form dough into a 12 x 2-inch log; wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 day. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
5. Position two oven racks to upper and lower positions; preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line three rimmed baking pans with parchment paper.
6. Unwrap log; place on cutting board. With knife, cut log crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices; place 2 inches apart on two prepared pans. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
7. Bake shortbreads for 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned, rotating pans between upper and lower racks halfway through baking.
8. Cool on pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips in microwave oven on high for 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 20 seconds; stir in oil.
10. Dip shortbreads halfway into chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off; place on remaining prepared pan and immediately sprinkle with toffee bits.
11. Refrigerate shortbreads for 20 minutes or until chocolate is hardened. Store shortbreads in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 29 mg
Sodium: 56 mg
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 2 g