1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add butter, eggs and vanilla extract and stir until well combined, mixture will be thick. Wash hands after handling raw eggs and flour.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the dough is firm.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
5. Place coarse sugar in a small bowl. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, then roll in the coarse sugar, place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
6. Lightly flatten each ball with your fingers and make a deep 1/2-inch-wide indentation in the center with your thumb. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until puffed and slightly cracked, remove from oven and remold indentation if needed. Let cool 3 minutes on the baking sheets, and then transfer to racks to cool completely.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter and powdered sugar. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth.
9. Fill half the cookies with the peanut butter mixture and the other half with the melted chocolate. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until filling is set.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 219 (Calories from Fat: 99)
Total Fat: 11g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 31g (Dietary Fiber: 2g Sugars: 23g)