Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 12 Minutes, Chill 30 Minutes
November/December 2020 Dig In Magazine
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, sugar and cocoa powder until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined. Add extract and continue mixing on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Add the melted and cooled chocolate and beat until just blended. Reduce to low speed and gradually add flour mixture; beat until combined.
4. Using a tablespoon, drop dough in 1½ tablespoon rounds onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed. As soon as cookies are out of the oven, use the rounded side of a teaspoon to make a deep well in the center of each cookie. Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine chopped chocolate and butter. Microwave at 50% power in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until mixture is melted and smooth. Spoon chocolate mixture into the wells of the cooled cookies and sprinkle with nonpareils; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate filling firms up.
6. Store cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 160 (Calories from Fat: 90)
Total Fat: 10g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 18g (Dietary Fiber: 1g