Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 10 minutes, Chill 1 hour
November/December 2020 Dig In Magazine
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, butter and extract until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in dry ingredients until well blended. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
4. Place 1/4 cup sugar and ½ cup powdered sugar on 2 separate plates. Remove chilled dough and, using a tablespoon and your hands, roll into balls. Roll each ball very lightly in sugar, then generously in the powdered sugar. Place 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies crackle and are cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
6. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 88 (Calories from Fat: 27)
Total Fat: 3g (Saturated Fat: 2g)
Total Carbohydrates: 14g (Dietary Fiber: 1g