Prep Time: 1 Hour
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a 9x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
3. In the top of a double boiler with water on low, melt baking chocolate with vanilla. Remove from stove and transfer to a large bowl. If you don’t have a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl on high for 35 to 40 seconds; stir briskly. Continue to melt in 5- to 10-second increments, stirring briskly after each increment, until completely melted.
4. Add condensed milk, salt, eggs and egg whites to melted chocolate mixture; stir until smooth. Mix in oil, honey and applesauce.
5. Sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and carefully fold in until mixture is smooth. Do not over mix; fold in walnuts.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsCalories: 262 (Calories from Fat: 81)
Total Fat: 9g (Saturated Fat: 2g)
Total Carbohydrates: 41g (Dietary Fiber: 2g