Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
February 2023 Dig In Recipe
Soft, rich chocolate brownies, baked to perfection.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Coat a 9x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
4. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate on high for 45 seconds; stir briskly. Continue to melt in 15- to 20-second increments, stirring briskly after each increment, until completely melted. Let cool slightly.
5. Stir vanilla, condensed milk, salt, eggs and egg whites into melted chocolate mixture until smooth. Wash hands after handling raw eggs. Stir in oil, honey and applesauce until smooth.
6. Sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and carefully fold in until mixture is smooth. Do not over-mix. Wash hands after handling raw flour and eggs.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 262, Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 47mg, Sodium: 146mg, Carbohydrates: 41g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 27g, Protein: 9g