Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Chill 4 hours
April/May 2019 Dig In Recipes
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce with running water prior to prepping.
3. In a blender, combine sour cream, water, lime juice, scallions, avocado, jalapeno, garlic, 1/4 cup of each herb, half the cucumbers, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth and add remaining cucumbers. Puree until smooth.
4. Pour into a large bowl, cover and let chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours to allow flavors to blend.
5. Place 1/4 cup of each herb in a blender. Add oil and puree; set aside.
6. Mince remaining herbs and place in a bowl large enough to fit rim of a 4-ounce glass. Add kosher salt and mix to combine. Run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass and dip in the herb mixture to coat. Fill with soup, add a dollop of herb/oil mixture and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 8g