1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under hot water; set aside.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add onions, red pepper and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes or until onions soften.
5. Add meat and cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified by an instant-read food thermometer, breaking it up with the back of a spoon. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw poultry. Drain and return skillet to stove.
6. Stir in chili powder, oregano, cumin and salt. Add tomatoes and beans and simmer for 20 minutes or until tomatoes and beans are heated through; stir in cooked noodles.
7. Serve topped with cheese and cilantro.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving*:
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 22 mg
Sodium 612 mg
Carbohydrates 27 g
Fiber 7 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 12 g
*Nutrition Facts analyzed with ground turkey.