1. Wash hands with soap and running water.
2. Rinse fresh produce under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farhenheit.
4. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
5. Put flour on plate and coat chicken lightly with flour. Wash hands after handling raw poultry.
6. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
7. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat.
8. Using tongs, add thighs to pan. Sear chicken until light brown. Flip chicken pieces and add lemon slices. Place pan in oven.
9. Roast for 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of chicken.
10. Remove only chicken from pan, leave lemon slices. Place pan over medium high heat and add wine to pan, being careful to watch for sputtering oil. Scrape any browned bits in pan into wine. Reduce liquid until pan is almost dry.
11. Add thyme and chicken broth to pan. Stir gently while dropping cubes of butter into broth, until a silky sauce starts to form. Taste sauce and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
12. Add chicken back to pan and coat with sauce. Plate chicken with lemon slices and sauce spooned over top.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!