From the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter, Issue #91 (September 17th – November 11th, 2020). Try this homemade taco seasoning recipe.
Recipe and image from Smart Chicken. Visit their website for more meal inspirations.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
4. Add chicken and cook until browned and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified from an instant-read thermometer. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
5. Add water and homemade taco seasoning and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, or until water reduces.
7. Spoon chicken on top of lettuce leaves, top with your choice of toppings and enjoy.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving*:
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 50 mg
Sodium 380 mg
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fiber 1 g
Protein 35 g
*Nutrition analysis conducted without toppings