Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
May 2023 Dig In Recipe May is Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, honoring the contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islander Americans to our country. It's a great opportunity to learn more about AAPI history and celebrate by preparing some of these Asian and Pacific Islander-inspired recipes for your lunch or dinner.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, lemon juice, soy sauce and corn starch until corn starch dissolves. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Once hot, add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified by an instant-read food thermometer, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add peppers, mushrooms, onion and garlic to the pan and saute until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add green beans, lemon zest and salt and pepper and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk broth mixture and add to pan. Saute, stirring often, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and any accumulated juices and saute, stirring often, until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles, garnished with basil leaves.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 213, Total Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 83mg, Sodium: 552mg, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 29g