Delicious Stuffed Butternut Squash
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 67 to 74 Minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil; set aside. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, both herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cut squash in half lengthways, then scoop out seeds and membranes.
4. Brush insides with oil mixture, place on prepared pan, cut side down and cover with foil.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until almost tender when tested with a sharp knife.
6. Scoop out some of the flesh, leaving shells intact; roughly chop flesh.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add remaining oil.
9. Once hot, add onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes or until tender.
10. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes; stir in rice and fry for 1 minute.
11. Add vegetable stock and cook for 10-12 minutes or until rice is tender and the liquid has all been absorbed; stir in chopped squash.
12. Stuff squash shells with rice mixture; season to taste with salt and pepper.
13. Place in a large shallow baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
14. Serve topped with feta cheese.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 330 (Calories from Fat: 90)
Total Fat: 10g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
Total Carbohydrates: 56g (Dietary Fiber: 11g