Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Now that you’ve cooked your famous Easter ham, washed the mound of dishes and said goodbye to your guests, what do you do with all the leftovers? Delight your family with our Cordon Bleu recipe. The chicken is tender and juicy, the crunchy bread crumb crust is delicious and the ham and cheese a pleasant surprise hidden inside. It’s a simple and easy dinner your family will love!
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Butterfly cut the chicken breasts by cutting into them lengthwise, making sure not to cut all the way through. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to a 1/4-inch thickness.
3. In a shallow dish, combine flour, paprika, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder white and pepper.
4. In another shallow dish, beat eggs.
5. In a third shallow dish, add bread crumbs.
6. Season the open fillets with salt and pepper. Place one and a half slices of cheese and one slice of ham on the inside of each fillet, fold the fillet in half to close. Secure with a toothpick if needed. Coat each of the fillets in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess. Dip in the eggs and then roll in the bread crumbs, turning to coat evenly.
7. Place breaded chicken breasts in a pan lightly coated with cooking spray and bake for about 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 547 (Calories from Fat: 189)
Total Fat: 21g (Saturated Fat: 10g)
Total Carbohydrates: 24g (Dietary Fiber: 1g