DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Butterfly the chicken breasts by cutting into them lengthwise, making sure not to cut all the way through.
3. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to a ¼-inch thickness.
4. In a shallow dish, combine flour, paprika, celery salt, ground mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and white pepper.
5. In another shallow dish, beat eggs.
6. In a third shallow dish, add bread crumbs.
7. Season the open chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
8. Place 1½ slices of cheese and 1 slice of ham on the inside of each chicken breast; fold in half to close.
9. Coat chicken breasts in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
10. Dip in the eggs and then roll in the bread crumbs, turning to coat evenly.
11. Place breaded chicken breasts in a pan lightly coated with cooking spray and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 430 (Calories from Fat: 160)
Total Fat: 18g (Saturated Fat: 10g)
Total Carbohydrates: 19g (Dietary Fiber: 1g