Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Busy nights don't have to signal delivery pizza. Between hectic holiday schedules and a full life besides, dinner duty can seem like a chore. But thanks to a few simple ingredients, a savory home-cooked meal can still be in your future. Try our easy stir-fry recipe when time is of the essence.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil.
4. Cut chicken into strips. Once hot, add half of the chicken strips and stir-fry until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified by an instant-read food thermometer, 5 to 7 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from wok and keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
5. In the same wok or skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil. Once hot, add garlic and onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add broccoli and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender
7. Add soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, orange juice, chicken and cashews, if desired, and continue to stir-fry until heated through.
8. Cook rice according to package directions. Serve rice topped with chicken and broccoli mixture.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving (without cashews):
Calories: 345 (Calories from Fat: 63)
Total Fat: 7g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 28g (Dietary Fiber: 4g