Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 56-59 Minutes
It's that time of year when many of us host overnight guests for the holidays. When you want to feed a houseful of hungry friends and family, our simple chicken recipe fits the bill perfectly. These recipe is sure to satisfy your guests and best of all, it’s easy on the cook.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Generously coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
2. Add chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Cook for 5 minutes per side or until cooked through and no long pink; remove from heat and let cool. Once cool, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; set aside.
4. Return skillet to medium heat and recoat with additional cooking spray. Add garlic and leeks and cook for 4 minutes or until softened.
5. Preheat oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, combine cream, half and half and sour cream; set aside.
6. Spray the bottoms and sides of a casserole dish with cooking spray.
7. Place garlic/leek mixture on bottom of dish and top with chicken and 1 cup cheese.
8. Gently pour half the cream mixture over chicken; season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
9. Top with sliced potatoes and remaining cream mixture.
10. Cover with foil and cook for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
11. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for an addition 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
12. Serve garnished with parsley.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutritional Information Per Serving
Calories: 351 (Calories from Fat: 99)
Total Fat: 11g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 27g (Dietary Fiber: 2g