Recipe and image from Andrea Luttrell. Recipe featured on "Food in :60" Segment with Big Y's dietitians, Carrie & Andrea. Watch the recipe video here.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a Dutch oven or large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic and saute, while stirring, until vegetables begin to soften.
4. Add chicken stock, wild rice and shredded chicken. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
5. Bring soup to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer, while stirring occasionally, until rice is tender - about 40 minutes.
6. Garnish with parsley and portion into bowls to serve.
Recipe note: Pre-cooked wild rice can be used. Reduce simmer time to 20 minutes.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!