Change up your usual chicken dinner with this tasty chicken thighs recipe from Smart Chicken. recipe on the next page. Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #70 (March 23rd - May 17th , 2017).
Recipe and image provided by Smart Chicken. For more delicious recipes, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large skillet, heat sesame oil until hot and almost smoking.
4. Add chicken, onion, carrot, garlic and ginger. Saute for 5 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
5. Add kale and wilt, about another 5 minutes.
6. Continue cooking until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified by an instant-read food thermometer.
7. Add rice to chicken and vegetables. Stir until heated through.
8. Meanwhile, warm a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter. Once melted and coating the bottom of the pan, add eggs and scramble into small bite-size pieces, or until no longer runny. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
9. Add scrambled eggs, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and scallions to rice.
10. Break chicken into smaller chunks if needed and enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 29 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 250 mg
Sodium 740 mg
Carbohydrates 29 g
Fiber 3 g
Protein 39 g