Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter (dated 11/21/13-1/15/14).
Recipe provided by Smart Chicken. Visit their website for more delicious meal ideas.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, honey and cornstarch. Stir until the cornstarch is dissolved, then set aside.
4. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
5. In a large, heavy skillet, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
6. Add chicken to skillet and stir-fry until the chicken pieces turn white, about 5 minutes.
7. Add broccoli, bell pepper and green onion and stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F with an instant read thermometer, about 4 minutes.
8. Add chicken broth mixture and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
9. Serve mixture over brown rice.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 480 mg
Carbohydrates 43 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 33 g