Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cooking Time: Chill 3 Hours
November/December 2020 Dig In Magazine
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a large bowl, combine cherry gelatin and boiling water; stir for 3 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into an 8-inch square pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
3. Dip bottom of pan in warm water for 15 minutes; cut into squares.
4. n a medium bowl, combine vanilla wafers, sugar and butter; press into a greased 13x9-inch pan. Chill for 1 hour.
5. In a small bowl, combine unflavored gelatin and cold water; stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
6. In a small saucepan, bring cherry juice to a boil. Stir in unflavored gelatin mixture until dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool completely.
7. Once cool, whisk in 11/2 containers whipped topping and food coloring; gently fold in gelatin cubes and spoon over crust. Top with remaining whipped topping, spreading it out in an even layer. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
8. When ready to serve, drizzle the top with the melted chocolate.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 214 (Calories from Fat: 117)
Total Fat: 13g (Saturated Fat: 7g)
Total Carbohydrates: 24g (Dietary Fiber: 2g